2022 Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program
Applications Now Available
CHECK AMOUNT INCREASED TO $80!
The Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program (SFMNP) provides nutrition to income eligible seniors via checks to be used at approved farmers markets. We are excited to announce that 2022 eligible applicants may elect to receive $80 of checks! Please remember that this program is first come, first served until all the checks have been distributed.
Eligible applicants must be:
- 60 years old or older (or 55+ for American Indian/Alaska Native), AND
- Resident of Washington State and Kitsap County, AND
- Low-income (below 185% of Federal Poverty Level)
- $25,142 Annual or $2,096 Monthly Income for 1 person
- $33,874 Annual or $2,823 Monthly Income for 2 people
- For larger households, add $728 for each additional person
Where to access an application packet:
- Pick-up during regular business hours at:
- Meals on Wheels Kitsap Main Office; 2817 Wheaton Way, Suite 208, Bremerton
- All Meals on Wheels Kitsap Meals to Go Sites - 11:45 am to 12:15 pm
- The following foodbanks: Bremerton Foodline, Central Kitsap Food Bank, North Kitsap Fishline, Bainbridge Island Helpline House, Sharenet Food Bank - Kingston, South Kitsap Helpline, St. Vincent de Paul - Bremerton
- Market Tables at the following Farmer's Markets: Bainbridge Island, Bremerton, Port Orchard, Poulsbo, Silverdale
- All branches of the Kitsap Regional Library
- Online for download:
- www.mealsonwheelskitsap.org - see links below (English, Tagalog, Spanish)
- www.agingkitsap.com (English, Tagalog, Spanish)
Applications must be mailed. Only one application per envelope. Mail to:
Meals on Wheels Kitsap
2817 Wheaton Way, Suite 208
Bremerton, WA 98310
No walk-in applications accepted. To have the best chance of receiving the checks, please send in your application promptly! We will begin distributing checks and nutrition information by mail starting June 21, 2022 and weekly, thereafter.
Questions? Please call 360-377-8511 or toll-free 1-888-877-8511
APPLICATIONS AVAILABLE IN THE FOLLOWING LANGUAGES - CLICK BUTTON TO DOWNLOAD PDF
Bremerton Services Association provides equal opportunity in employment and services without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, marital status or presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability.
Hearing or speech impaired persons may contact Meals on Wheels Kitsap by calling 711, the TTY relay number.